Archive for March 10th, 2013

Civic Service March 10th.

March 10, 2013

This afternoon saw the Annual Chairman’s Civic Service of East Hants District Council being held at the Church of the Good Shepherd at Four Marks, near Alton.

The Chairman, Councillor Pat Seward, played host to several Mayors and Chairmen from across Hampshire and the Mayor of the Borough of Waverley.

The Church of the Good Shepherd.

The Church of the Good Shepherd.

The Church of the Good Shepherd is quite a modern church, having been built in 1953 and then restored in 1996, with the current Vicar being Howard Wright who has been at the Church since the year 2000, and who led today’s Service.

The window.

The window.

The Hymns were all chosen by Councillor Seward, and there were two readings, the first being Psalm 23 and the second being taken from the Book of Jeremiah , Chapter 18 Verses 1 – 10.

The Service was followed by refreshments in the Church Hall.