Archive for February 17th, 2013

St. George’s Church Feb 17th.

February 17, 2013

This morning saw us at the official re-opening of the recently refurbished St. George’s Church Hall.

Originally built as the Sunday School Church Hall, and with the foundation stone being laid by Mrs. W. Hulbert in July 1913, the hall was opened in November 1913.

Cutting the ribbon.

Cutting the ribbon.

The hall was used as the Church during 1969 and the early part of 1970 while St. George’s Church was being rebuilt into its present form.

The last remodelling of the hall took place during 1987, and further work will shortly take place to bring the facilities into the 21st. Century.

A good number of people attended today’s re-opening, with representatives from many of the organisations which make use of the hall during the week, and also from Edwards Funeral Directors, whose predecessors built the hall nearly 100 years ago.